100 Dinners Campaign:
- Halloween "Chilly Thrill" Ice Cream Sundae Fundraiser:
Here is a link to the event this Sunday, if you would like to come, we would LOVE to have you!
Epicure Fundraiser - Extraordinary Cheese Dip.
Any of you who have been to a gathering at our place, probably remember us serving this. It is SOOOO good!
Each package comes with three dip seasoning mixes (note the jar size is smaller than a regular order), a recipe booklet, in a Epicure bag - $20.00, with $5.00 going to the Fundraising Cause.
Here is the Recipe:
250 g spreadable cream cheese
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1 cup low-fat mayonnaise
1 tsp VE Cheese, Cives & Bacon dip Mix
1 tsp VE Lemon dilly Di Mix
1tsp VE 3 onion dip Mix
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. combine all ingredients in an oven safe dish until well blended. Place in oven tor 20-3- minutes or until heated through. Serve with bread, crackers or chips.
Rheo Thomas Mint Smoothies
Any of you who REALLY know me, know that Chocolate is one of my favourites. We will be selling these for $2.00. I need to order a bulk amount, so am taking pre-orders, to make sure that we actually sell enough to make it worth while. Please let me know the quantity that you would like to order.
I will be collecting orders for Epicure & Rheo Thomas Mint's from November 1-30. Both these items are GREAT for stocking stuffers & I will make sure that they are delivered well before Christmas. The lovely thing about the Epicure - is that if there are enough orders from one particular area - they can be shipped right there.
Other Ventures: Details to Follow
I met Nancy Ferguson through a friend, and she introduced me to this product. Nancy has generously offered to donate some of her profit to our fundraising efforts. Check out her website. More details to follow.
Poetic Art Gallery:
Check out this Site: http://poeticartgallery.com/
We met Roxanne at SunFest in London a few years ago. I fell in love with her work. I think the art & poetry are ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!
We will be doing a fundraiser with here. Keep an eye out for details.
In the Spring we will be doing the following:
- Plant Sale (I have a lot to divide - Sedum, irises, hostas, lillies...to name a few!)
- Cake Auction - you all know how I love my cakes...
- I'm trying to convince Charles to start up a "Pool" to take bets on how much weight he can loose....for the Adoption Program, he is supposed to be a certain weight...he was doing well, then with the time lines, has sort of lost track of that goal...
Still in Progress:
Hand Made by Heidi - Etsy Store
Decluttering - kijiji
So...you just never know when you might need room for something - it is amazing how much room stuff that children need takes up! Also, a bit of extra cash goes a long way - to pay for that stuff that children might need ;)
We are trying to reduce the amount of "stuff" that we have around. Hopefully sometime in the near future we will make the move to finish the basement. . . . . you just never know when you might need some extra living space. Although you wouldn't know it, since at dinner time, everyone and the dog seem to be in the kitchen at the same time?
Here is the list of things that we are gathering together to sell:
Photos and Prices to come soon...
- odds and ends of craft supplies - $10/box
- entertainment centre $100 (originally $250)
- TV "old style" $50
- a box of old mason jars
- scrapbook with supplies (paper & stickers) $15
- material 2 or 3 bags - $10/bag
- gift certificate for Evolution fitness - $60 (can't negotiate)
- large wooden teachers desk - $50
- writing desk (might be sold?) - $25
- Henckle Knife Set - $100 (worth $150)
- pot hanger (suspends from the ceiling) - $25 (Ikea - $50)
- I'm sure there will be more to come...
Please contact me: email [email protected], facebook, or the blog to negotiate!